Week 1 Term 1
WELCOME TO ST JOSEPH'S
I want to take this opportunity to welcome our 2021 Kindergarten class and families to the community. We look forward to seeing you next Monday 1 February for your child's very first day at 'Big School'.
I would also like to welcome our new staff in 2021. We are very blessed this year to welcome Miss Sophie Taylor, Mrs Jemiel Jett, Mrs Nikki Cronan and Mrs Sheree George.
Miss Sophie Taylor-
Assistant Principal- Learning and Teaching
Sophie returns to us from St Joseph's Coraki. Sophie has worked at Coraki for the last 5 years in the roles of Instructional Leader, Additional Needs Teacher, Leader of Pedagogy and Kindergarten Teacher. This year, apart from her leadership role Sophie will teach in Year 1 (Stage 1) Monday and Tuesday and be our Additional Needs Teacher.
Mrs Jemiel Jett- Teacher Year 1 (Stage 1)
Jemiel has previously worked at St Francis Xavier, Primary School, Ballina. She has also worked with us at St Joseph's in a casual capacity and for block work.
She is very much looking forward to working with Year 1 (Stage 1) Wednesday- Friday.
Mrs Nikki Cronan - Teacher Year 3 (Stage 2)
Nikki comes to us from St Finbar's at Byron Bay where she has worked for the last 6 years.
She is excited to join the Stage 2 team and get to know the St Joseph's community. She will work Monday to Friday on Year 3.
Mrs Sheree George - Teacher Aide Stage 1 (Years 1 & 2).
Sheree has been employed as a Special Needs educator at the CWA Coraki Preschool for the last 10 years.
Sheree will work Monday - Friday.
CURRENT COVID 19 GUIDELINES
- Kindergarten Parents are able to enter the Kindergarten classroom for the first day of school- Monday 1 February under COVID safe regulations. Those regulations include signing in, hand sanitiser and social distancing.
- Students and staff with even mild symptoms of COVID 19 are not to attend school. Parents of symptomatic children should provide evidence of a negative result prior to returning to school. In circumstances where children have other medical reasons for recurrent symptoms, a letter fro the GP is sufficient to negate the requirement for a negative test.
- We are working towards holding a modified Parent Teacher Meeting on Monday 15 February 2021. More information to follow as we get closer to the date.
- We will continue our regular COVID safe practices of student hand sanitising on entry to the school, after mealtimes and during the day.
Week 1 Highlights that we are truly grateful for:
- Our students for attending to do their Maths Assessment Interviews and our parents for getting them here.
- Our parents for logging into Compass - our new school system.
- Our staff Mass with St Joseph's Coraki held on our first day back.
- Having the opportunity to chat with our students and parents.
- Our new staff.
A more comprehensive newsletter will be provided next week.
Have a good weekend. We look forward to seeing everyone on Monday!
Family Connect Service
Sometimes families need a helping hand, especially in these challenging times.
St Joseph’s Primary School is pleased to announce that we are introducing the Family Connect Service to our school. Wendy Jansen is our new Family Connect worker who will be able to help any of our school families get the support they need. If you or anyone in your family would like assistance with:
- Parenting challenges
- Accessing housing support
- Accessing welfare supports
- Accessing counselling services
- Linking to domestic violence supports
- Finding culturally appropriate support
Contact Wendy by phone: 0437 179 916 or email: email@example.com
|Monday, 1st February 2021||NO CANTEEN|
|Wednesday, 3rd February 2021||Helen Grissell|
If anybody is able to help out in Canteen in Term 1 Could you please call Gayl on 66822468.
THANK YOU LADIES!