Week 3 Term 2 - 2021
MOTHERS DAY (SUNDAY 9 MAY)
A mother is your first friend, your best friend, your forever friend.”—Unknown
|My Mother: She is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her. —Jodi Picoult|
|Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.” —Susan Gale||My mother was my role model before I even knew what that word was.” —Lisa Leslie|
|I got to grow up with a mother who
taught me to believe in me- Unknown
All love begins and ends
|Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.
(Lin Yutang, Chinese writer)
|My mother is a walking miracle.” —Leonardo DiCaprio|
|Any mother could perform the jobs of several air-traffic controllers with ease —Lisa Alther||
Mom, I love you, even though I’ll never accept your friend request.” —Unknown
THE COMMUNITY FAIR AND FIREWORKS IS ON NEXT FRIDAY 14 MAY 2021 (7 more sleeps!)
ONLY 7 MORE SLEEPS AND THEN......LET THE FIREWORKS BEGIN!
Next Friday is THE DAY!
OUR 2021 Fundraiser -ST JOSEPH'S COMMUNITY FAIR AND FIREWORKS
There have been many reminders about the ways in which you and the family can assist in this whole school community function. If you haven't already done so, please consider:
- Pre-Purchasing Ride Passes- $30 before the Fair
- Returning your sold raffle tickets
- Assisting as a helper for 1 hour-
- 6pm- 7pm on the Gate Entry,Raffles (2) / Ride passes (1)/Dessert stall and drinks (1)
- 7 pm- 8 pm Dessert stall and drinks (2) /Ride passes (2)
- 8 pm-9 pm Dessert stall and drinks (2) /Ride passes (2)
- Please text Tracey on 0417232187 to add your name as a helper.
- BRINGING ALONG HOMEMADE CAKES/DESSERT FOR THE DESSERT BAR - the ingredients must be attached.
- Bringing your money to support the raffles, The auction, the rides, and THE SCRUMPTIOUS FOOD.
COME ON ST JOSEPH'S- LET'S GET INVOLVED!
The proceeds of the Fair this year will go towards updating the furniture for the Stage 2 classroom. We are working to get contemporary furniture throughout the school to offer students different ways to do their learning.
Next week our Year 3 & Year 5 students will undergo The National Assessment Program on 11,12 & 13 May. The National Assessment Program assesses literacy and numeracy skills.
Information relating to NAPLAN was sent home to parents last Monday. If you have a child sitting the tests next week please make sure that they:
- have an early night the night before,
- eat a healthy breakfast and,
- arrive at school on time in order to be calm and relaxed for the tests.
We wish them well and know that they will do their best as they always do!
Tuesday 11 May
Wednesday 12 May
Thursday 13 May
Friday 14 May
Year 3 (paper)
Year 5 (online)
Conventions of Language
Years 3 & 5 (online)
Years 3 & 5 (online)
Catch up tests
(for those students who have been away)
The year seems to be flying away from us and it is time already to begin kindergarten enrolments for 2022.
We will be holding our Kindy Information Night on Tuesday 25 May. If you have children ready to begin school next year, or if you know of anyone who may be interested in enrolling in Kindergarten (or any other year) in 2022, the Information Evening will be held on Tuesday 25 May at 6 pm.
eSafety's Guide to Parental Controls Free Webinar
This eSafety free webinar will look at how parents and carers can set up devices and apps to help kids and young people stay safe online. It is designed for parents and carers of children aged 4-13.
It will cover:
- the benefits and limitations of parental controls
- how to set up iOS and Android devices for safety
- how to set up popular games and apps like YouTube and Roblox for safety
- using family tech agreements and other parenting strategies to manage online risks
- how eSafety can help when things go wrong.
This webinar will include practical tips, demonstrations and advice.
Choose from one of the following dates/ times:
- Tuesday 4 May 12.30 to 1.30 pm
- Wednesday 5 May 12.30 to 1.30 pm
- Thursday 6 May 7.30 to 8.30 pm
- Tuesday 8 June 12.30 to 1.30 pm
- Wednesday 16 June 7.30 to 8.30 pm
Parents/carers can register at
Australian Early Development Census
CURRENT COVID GUIDELINES
- Students and staff with even mild symptoms of COVID 19 are not to attend school. Parents of symptomatic children should provide evidence of a negative result prior to returning to school. In circumstances where children have other medical reasons for recurrent symptoms, a letter from the GP is sufficient to negate the requirement for a negative test.
- We will continue our regular COVID safe practices of student's hand sanitising on entry to the classrooms and after mealtimes and during the day.
WEEK 3 HIGHLIGHTS THAT WE ARE TRULY GRATEFUL FOR
- Our Mums.
- The Parent Forum for organising and running the Mother's Day Stall.
- The dads and grandpas that helped at our Mothers Day breakfast.
- ES1/Stage 1 for a beautiful Mother's Day Liturgy.
- Our Community Fair and Fireworks is happening in 7 sleeps.
- Our students who represented St Joseph's at the Zone Cross Country.
Have a wonderful weekend!
SUNDAY MASS - GOSPEL REFLECTION
Jesus commands his disciples to love one another.
In this week's Gospel Reading, Jesus promised that God will give us whatever we ask for. One of the things we can ask for from God is a generous spirit so that we can love others as Jesus did. We should appreciate and value the Mothers and fathers in our lives who shower unconditional love on their children.
MAKING JESUS REAL - (MJR)
At St Joseph’s Woodburn we encourage our students to “Make Jesus Real’” by the way they act in our school community and while at home and out in the community
MJR at St Joseph’s Woodburn encourages our students to be WEST people - that is WELCOMING, ENCOURAGING, SAY SORRY when needed and be THANKFUL.
SACRAMENT OF EUCHARIST Celebrating First Holy Communion will be celebrated in June at a Parish Mass on Saturday 12th June at 5:30 pm. Please keep our students and their families in your prayers. They will be attending four-family preparation sessions prior to the celebration of the sacrament.
SACRAMENT OF CONFIRMATION (Year 3 and other students) - All Saints Church Woodburn Friday 22nd October 2021
Parents wanting their children to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation are asked to contact Megan Boyd or the school office. Children will need to have received the Sacrament of Baptism prior to the Confirmation date.
|Year 1||Katy Hull|
|Year 2||Thomas Bailey|
|Year 3||Sunni Reese|
|Year 4||Brett Kelly|
|Stage 3||Aiden Doran|
|Monday,10th May||Mel Handford|
|Wednesday,12th May||Helen Grissell|
|Monday, 17th May||Mel Handford|
|Wednesday, 19th May||Helen Grissell|
If anybody is able to help out in Canteen in Term 2 could you please call Gayl on 66822468.
THANK YOU LADIES!