Week 4 Term 2 - 2021
TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT
OUR COMMUNITY FAIR AND FIREWORKS
BEGINS AT 5 PM
- You can still purchase Ride Passes for $30 before the Fair - $35 at the Fair
- Please return your sold/unsold raffle tickets to the school
Cook up a storm for the Dessert Stall- all individually packaged and ingredients listed.
Bring your money to bid on class art auction, and buy food from the scrumptious food trucks.
Volunteer for the ride passes/dessert stall 8pm-9pm
Be prepared to have an amazing night culminating in a spectacular firework
WE ARE SO EXCITED, AND LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE!
The year seems to be flying away from us and it is time already to begin kindergarten enrolments for 2022.
Our Enrolment Information Night for Kindergarten 2022 will be happening on Tuesday 28th May at 6 pm. If you have a child starting school next year we look forward to seeing you. If you know anyone with a child starting in 2022, please let them know that they are very welcome to come and learn more about our beautiful school.
This night is open to families looking to enrol for any year level and gives parents
and carers the opportunity to visit the school and get a feel for what we espouse.
Not only does it afford families the opportunity to learn more about what our school offers educationally, but many visitors have stated that our school has a 'lovely feel', that it is a very welcoming place to walk into and hopefully prospective parents will
also feel this as they enter the school.
eSafety's Guide to Parental Controls Free Webinar
This eSafety free webinar will look at how parents and carers can set up devices and apps to help kids and young people stay safe online. It is designed for parents and carers of children aged 4-13.
It will cover:
- the benefits and limitations of parental controls
- how to set up iOS and Android devices for safety
- how to set up popular games and apps like YouTube and Roblox for safety
- using family tech agreements and other parenting strategies to manage online risks
- how eSafety can help when things go wrong.
This webinar will include practical tips, demonstrations and advice.
Choose from one of the following dates/ times:
- Tuesday 8 June 12.30 to 1.30 pm
- Wednesday 16 June 7.30 to 8.30 pm
Parents/carers can register at
CURRENT COVID GUIDELINES
- Students and staff with even mild symptoms of COVID 19 are not to attend school. Parents of symptomatic children should provide evidence of a negative result prior to returning to school. In circumstances where children have other medical reasons for recurrent symptoms, a letter from the GP is sufficient to negate the requirement for a negative test.
- We will continue our regular COVID safe practices of student's hand sanitising on entry to the classrooms and after mealtimes and during the day.
WEEK 4 HIGHLIGHTS THAT WE ARE TRULY GRATEFUL FOR
- The Parent Forum for your commitment and efforts in organising and running the Community Fair and Fireworks. We are so thankful!
- Our Year 3 & 5 students for doing their best in Naplan this week.
- Our St Joseph's Community for supporting our Community Fair in every possible way.
Have a wonderful weekend!
SUNDAY MASS - GOSPEL REFLECTION
Gospel Reading: Acts of the Apostles 1:1-11
Jesus is taken up to heaven in the presence of the apostles.
In this week's Gospel Reading, we celebrate Jesus' Ascension into heaven to be with God the Father.
People who believe in Jesus will be empowered to do what Jesus himself has done. During his ministry, Jesus sent his disciples to preach and to heal. Now the followers of Jesus are sent again to do these things and more. From his place with God in heaven, Jesus helped his disciples by the power of his Holy Spirit, and he continues to help us as we try to live as his disciples.
We know Jesus is present amongst us when we see good people doing kind and loving things.
St Joseph's Coraki Parish Sacramental Program
THE SACRAMENT OF EUCHARIST Celebrating First Holy Communion will be celebrated in June at a Parish Mass.
Please keep our students and their families in your prayers. They will be attending family preparation sessions prior to the celebration of the sacrament.
Zoey Campbell, Sylvie Davis, Sasha Franks, Madison Kirk, Ruby O'Neill, Charlotte Robinson, Seleste Walsh,
MAKING JESUS REAL - (MJR)
At St Joseph’s Woodburn we encourage our students to “Make Jesus Real’” by the way they act in our school community and while at home and out in the community
MJR at St Joseph’s Woodburn encourages our students to be WEST people - that is WELCOMING, ENCOURAGING, SAY SORRY when needed and be THANKFUL.
SACRAMENT OF EUCHARIST Celebrating First Holy Communion will be celebrated in June at a Parish Mass on Saturday 12th June at 5:30 pm. Please keep our students and their families in your prayers. They will be attending family preparation sessions prior to the celebration of the sacrament.
SACRAMENT OF CONFIRMATION (Year 3 and other students) - All Saints Church Woodburn Friday 22nd October 2021
Parents wanting their children to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation are asked to contact Megan Boyd or the school office. Children will need to have received the Sacrament of Baptism prior to the Confirmation date.
Richmond Zone Cross Country
Last Friday 27 of our talented cross country athletes travel to Lismore to compete at the Richmond Zone Cross Country. The course at Lismore Racecourse was a wonderful cross country challenge. Our students showed terrific courage and sportsmanship throughout the day.
Congratulations to Jed Duignan who came seventh in the 11 years 3000m race.
Lucas Hayden and Jed Duignan will now represent the Richmond Zone at Grafton.
Lismore Diocesan Cross Country – Wednesday 26 May 2021
|Year 1||Konnor Foster|
|Year 2||Amahli Harford|
|Year 3||Shayla Boland|
|Year 4||Ben Moss|
|Stage 3||Ariella Mangan & Ruby Johnston|
|Monday,17th May||Mel Handford|
|Wednesday,19th May||Helen Grissell|
|Monday, 24th May||Petcharat Moss|
|Wednesday, 26th May||Almarie Colamba|
If anybody is able to help out in Canteen in Term 2 could you please call Gayl on 66822468.
THANK YOU LADIES!