Week 5 Term 2 - 2021
OH, WHAT A NIGHT!
It was an amazing afternoon and night for all of us at St Joseph's last Friday. The St Joseph's Community Fair and Fireworks was a resounding success, thanks to:
- The immeasurable effort of our dedicated, and time-generous Parent Forum Executive and its members particularly: Tracey Bodley, Gillian O'Neill, Melissa Handford, Helen Grissell, Jesse Flanagan, and Cassie Gadsby, and Donna Walsh.
- Our sponsors who donated so generously.
- Our parents who helped set up and clean up on the day.
- Our parents who volunteered time and dessert.
- Our mini Vinnies students who spent time covering their stall.
- Our creative teachers and students for organising the class auction items, and
- Our extended community who turned out in large numbers!
I have heard nothing but praise from all areas of the community. As I wandered around during the afternoon and evening, I marvelled again at how well the whole Fair had been organised, right down to the last detail: the food trucks, the stalls, the rides, the raffles, the auction, and the culmination of those magnificent fireworks.
THANK YOU AND CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE INVOLVED, FOR BRINGING US LAUGHTER, JOY, FUN, MUSIC, SCRUMPTIOUS FOOD, A FIREWORKS SPECTACULAR AND GOOD TIMES WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
KINDERGARTEN 2022 ENROLMENT
The year seems to be flying away from us and it is time already to begin kindergarten enrolments for 2022.
Our Enrolment Information Night for Kindergarten 2022 will be happening on Tuesday 28th May at 6 pm. If you have a child starting school next year we look forward to seeing you. If you know anyone with a child starting in 2022, please let them know that they are very welcome to come and learn more about our beautiful school.
This night is open to families looking to enrol for any year level and gives parents
and carers the opportunity to visit the school and get a feel for what we espouse.
Not only does it afford families the opportunity to learn more about what our school offers educationally, but many visitors have stated that our school has a 'lovely feel', that it is a very welcoming place to walk into and hopefully prospective parents will
also feel this as they enter the school.
We wish them all much joy during this wonderful time as a family.
eSafety's Guide to Parental Controls Free Webinar
This eSafety free webinar will look at how parents and carers can set up devices and apps to help kids and young people stay safe online. It is designed for parents and carers of children aged 4-13.
It will cover:
- the benefits and limitations of parental controls
- how to set up iOS and Android devices for safety
- how to set up popular games and apps like YouTube and Roblox for safety
- using family tech agreements and other parenting strategies to manage online risks
- how eSafety can help when things go wrong.
This webinar will include practical tips, demonstrations and advice.
Choose from one of the following dates/ times:
- Tuesday 8 June 12.30 to 1.30 pm
- Wednesday 16 June 7.30 to 8.30 pm
Parents/carers can register at
CURRENT COVID GUIDELINES
- Students and staff with even mild symptoms of COVID 19 are not to attend school. Parents of symptomatic children should provide evidence of a negative result prior to returning to school. In circumstances where children have other medical reasons for recurrent symptoms, a letter from the GP is sufficient to negate the requirement for a negative test.
- We will continue our regular COVID safe practices of student's hand sanitising on entry to the classrooms and after mealtimes and during the day.
WEEK 4 HIGHLIGHTS THAT WE ARE TRULY GRATEFUL FOR
- The Parent Forum for your commitment and efforts in organising and running the Community Fair and Fireworks. We are so thankful!
- Our generous sponsors who supported the Community Fair.
- Our Year 3 & 5 students for doing their best in Naplan this week.
- Our St Joseph's Community for supporting our Community Fair in every possible way.
- Stage 3 for your wonderful Assembly.
- Dolphin Office Choice for your donation to St Joseph's for our continued support of your business.
Have a wonderful weekend!
SUNDAY MASS - GOSPEL REFLECTION
Jesus appears to his disciples and gives them the gift of the Holy Spirit
In this week's Gospel Reading, we celebrate the Feast of Pentecost.
Jesus greets his disciples with the gift of peace. He then commissions his disciples to continue the work that he has begun: “As the Father has sent me, so I send you.” He breathes the Holy Spirit upon the disciples and sends them to continue his work of peace and reconciliation through forgiveness.
St Joseph's Coraki Parish Sacramental Program
THE SACRAMENT OF EUCHARIST Celebrating First Holy Communion will be celebrated on Saturday 12th June at the Parish Mass at 5:30 pm. A celebration supper will be held in the Library after Mass.
Please keep our students and their families in your prayers. They will be attending family preparation sessions prior to the celebration of the sacrament. All families are welcome to attend this important Sacramental Celebration.
MAKING JESUS REAL - (MJR)
At St Joseph’s Woodburn we encourage our students to “Make Jesus Real’” by the way they act in our school community and while at home and out in the community
MJR at St Joseph’s Woodburn encourages our students to be WEST people - that is WELCOMING, ENCOURAGING, SAY SORRY when needed and be THANKFUL.
SACRAMENT OF EUCHARIST Celebrating First Holy Communion will be celebrated in June at a Parish Mass on Saturday 12th June at 5:30 pm. Please keep our students and their families in your prayers. They will be attending family preparation sessions prior to the celebration of the sacrament.
SACRAMENT OF CONFIRMATION (Year 3 and other students) - All Saints Church Woodburn Friday 22nd October 2021
Parents wanting their children to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation are asked to contact Megan Boyd or the school office. Children will need to have received the Sacrament of Baptism prior to the Confirmation date.
Diocesan Cross Country
On Wednesday 26th May Lucas Hayden and Jed Duignan will represent the Richmond Zone at the Diocsean Cross Country. We wish them all the best!
St Joseph’s Athletics Carnival
The permission note has been sent to all families via the COMPASS app today. Families will need to approve the note via the app or print the last page of the note and return it to the office.
St Joseph’s Athletics Carnival will be held on Thursday 10th June at Riverview Park, South Lismore. Students will travel by bus to and from Lismore. There will be no charge for the bus – this cost is covered by the Performance Levy.
It is an expectation that all children will travel with the school by bus to the carnival and stay until the completion of the day's activities. Age Champions and winning colour house will be announced at the carnival.
Children may wear blue, green and yellow coloured shirts appropriate to their Sports House and appropriate shorts. Sunscreen should be applied before leaving home and students must wear their school hat. Please bring some sunscreen to reapply throughout the day. All students need to bring their own fruit, morning tea and lunch unless a canteen order has been submitted prior.
Parent helpers will be needed at the carnival with marshalling, judging, recording etc, so if you are available and can help, please email me - email@example.com.
Please ensure your child's medical details are correct on Compass. In the case that this event is postponed to a future date, this consent will be taken to apply to that future event, unless consent is withdrawn in writing, to the school.
If your child is not returning to school after the Athletics Carnival ( via the bus), can you please contact Gayl Feros in the office.
Additional event details:
A canteen will be operating and we recommend pre-ordering your lunch as a limited supply of extra hot food will be available. If a parent or grandparents would like to order lunch, place your order on a brown paper bag (clearly stating your child’s name, class, order and money enclosed) by 3rd June.
Pre ordered items for sale
Sausage sizzle $2.50
Veggies Patty on 2 slices of bread $ 4:00
Soft drink/water $2
Lismore Diocesan Cross Country – Wednesday 26th May
St Joseph’s Woodburn Athletics Carnival - Thursday 10th June
|Year 1||Maya Jensen|
|Year 2||Rita Murada|
|Year 3||Ayla Stahl|
|Year 5||Caleb Boland|
|Year 6||Mia Sullivan|
|Monday,24th May||Petcharat Moss|
|Wednesday,26th May||Almarie Colamba|
|Monday, 31st May||Mel Handford|
|Wednesday, 2nd June||HELP NEEDED!|
If anybody is able to help out in Canteen in Term 2 could you please call Gayl on 66822468.
THANK YOU LADIES!
WOODBURN TENNIS COURTS have recently acquired new nets, supplied by the Woodburn Business & Community Chamber, the weeds have been removed, and with the recent beautiful sunny weather, the courts are looking good!
The Courts are available for use by residents and visitors to the Woodburn area from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. seven days a week. Hire charges are $5 for daytime use, $10 for nighttime use. Racquets and balls are available to borrow also.
Management of bookings is through the Woodburn Business & Community Chamber - phone Pam on 6682 2203 or 0414 953 879.