Week 7- Term 3 - 2021
attendance at school continues to be limited to vulnerable students and those students where all parents/caregivers must attend their place of work and cannot work from home leaving their
BLENDED LEARNING PARENT FEEDBACK
A few of areas that have been addressed in response to the feedback include:
- An Early Stage 1 Zoom as a form of social contact will start next week. Parents will be notified through SeeSaw.
- Stage 2 Parents are invited to stay on after the student Zoom on Wednesdays and discuss any issues or concerns.
- Learning packs are being printed for those parents requiring them to assist with the student use of technology. It is important that they have a go of doing tasks online.
- The acknowledgements to teachers in relation to the work that they are doing have been passed on.
- A guideline of learning time during blended Learning provided by Catholic Schools Office is listed again for your information. The recommended time for learning at home per day (these times are a guide and may be flexible over the spread of a week.) The evidence base for the recommended times is the Department of Education NSW guide.
|Years K-2 (Early Stage 1/Stage 1)||2-2.5 hours|
|Years 3-6 (Stage 2/ Stage 3)||3-3.5 hours|
|Years 7-10 ( Stage 4/Stage 5)||4 hours|
|Year 11-12 (Stage 6)||As required to complete course work|
- Wellbeing is paramount. If learning doesn't happen every now and then. So be it. I spoke with a parent who was concerned that their child or they have a down day sometimes and find it difficult to learn or encourage. That is the day to look after each other and do other things. Read, go for walks, play in the backyard, play board games, cook etc.
- We are doing wellbeing check-ins every day with our students to keep a gauge on how they are feeling and coping with the current situation.
FACE TO FACE TEACHING TEAMS
As requested by the Catholic Schools Office, the staff working at the school have now been split into two teams. These teams are at school on different days to mitigate risk if Covid were to impact the school. This obviously means some challenges to ensure we have sufficient staff at school each day to supervise the students on site and to be in phone and email contact with families where required. Staff on the “away from school” team will continue to be working and available throughout school hours, being a part of the Zooms and planning and preparing blended learning. Team A is at school Monday until Wednesday. Team B will work at school Thursday and Friday. All teachers will be available to respond to questions and/or concerns through emails. Follow up phone calls will happen where necessary.
BOOK WEEK CELEBRATIONS
This coming week, Book Week will be celebrated as a whole school in different ways throughout the Stages. (We postponed celebrating it this week, having the hope that we would be back at school). All of the Learning packs, Google Classroom and SeeSaw will have the information in relation to this week's activities and book readings for each Stage. If you have any questions, please contact your child's teacher.
We still hope to have a Book Week Character Parade later in the year. We have rebooked the Scholastic Book Fair for Week 3 of Term 4.
A great conversation with your child/ren this week might be around the activities that they are doing for Book Week. The theme for Book Week this year is 'Old Worlds, New Worlds, Other Worlds'.
SUNDAY GOSPEL REFLECTION 22nd Sunday in Ordinary Time
Gospel Reading: Mark 7:1-8,14-15,21-23
Jesus teaches that it is that which comes from our hearts that is important, not just following the rules.
Jesus taught that our words and deeds toward others are what show us to be holy people. God wants us to do good things with our lives, such as being truthful, share our possessions, and thinking kind thoughts even about those who hurt us. Our challenge is to look for the goodness in others at all times and to respond with love, remembering that what we do for others and not for ourselves is what matters most.
SACRAMENT OF CONFIRMATION (Year 3 students) - All Saints Church Woodburn WEDNESDAY 20th October 2021 at 6 pm.
Parish Sacramental Program Family Meeting preparation dates are:
1st Meeting: Saturday 11th September at 4:15 pm
2nd Meeting: Saturday 18th September at 4:15 pm
3rd Meeting: Saturday 9th October at 4:15 pm
4th Meeting: Saturday 16th October at 4:15 pm
The Feast of the ASSUMPTION - Sunday 15th August
LISMORE MUSICAL FESTIVAL 2021 31st AUGUST - 3rd September
If any parent would like more information about the Lismore Musical Festival please see Gayl at the Parish Office,
|Monday, 30th August||NO CANTEEN|
|Wednesday,1st September||NO CANTEEN|
|Monday, 6th September||NO CANTEEN|
|Wednesday, 8th September||NO CANTEEN|
If anybody is able to help out in Canteen in Term 3 could you please call Gayl on 66822468.
THANK YOU LADIES!