Week 10- Term 3 - 2021
AND SO ENDS TERM 3..... What an interesting and different one it has been. I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to the staff and children for all the hard work and commitment that they have shown throughout the term.
To you, our parents thank you for your continued support and partnership. It's been a bit of a difficult one on varied levels for all, but we got there. Now is the time to look after each other and take some time in these coming couple of weeks to refresh and regroup. Onwards and upwards to a wonderful Term 4.
GRATITUDE AND PAY IT FORWARD SRC DAY
Today we held our Student Representative Council fun day. The day was instigated from discussions had with parents throughout the lockdown. The parents spoke to us about some of the positives of lockdown and the need to share those moments with their children. A few comments that stood out to me were:
- When my daughter was wishing that she could go back to school, we talked about how lucky we were to have the opportunity to continue to learn even in a pandemic. In some countries, children don't have the opportunity of education at all.
- I haven't had the opportunity to spend this much time with my children due to work. It's been wonderful to see how much they know, how they learn and to just be with them.
- It's been hard but we decided early on that we would do our learning in the morning and then make the most of the rest of the day, with a walk, a swim, a game or a movie together.
As a reaction to these thoughts, we decided as a school to try the same thing- be positive. The SRC decided that we have much to be grateful for, despite the inconvenience that we have been through. They decided that we need to pay that gratitude forward with acts of kindness that could continue to spread throughout our community and beyond.
Today instead of a gold coin donation, the students and staff had to donate an act of kindness that they will do for someone at school, at home or elsewhere. They have been asked to write their act of kindness on a heart template as a commitment to doing it. When the kindness has been given, they leave a card for the person that they have done the kindness for, inviting them to pay it forward by doing an act of kindness for someone else. What a wonderful world it could be, with acts of kindness rippling out to all.
WEEK 10 STAGE 2 CREATING RUBE GOLDBERG MACHINES.
The School will continue with Level 3 Restrictions until otherwise advised.
IN WEEK 10 OF TERM 3 WE ARE TRULY GRATEFUL FOR:
- Getting there!
- Everyone working together to keep us safe
- Our students
- Our Parents
- Our Staff
- Our Health Care Workers.
Have a wonderful holiday! We hope for a speedy return for those currently in Lockdown! Stay safe and well. SCHOOL RESUMES TUESDAY 5 OCTOBER 2021.
SUNDAY GOSPEL REFLECTION 25th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Jesus teaches his disciples that the greatest are those who serve all.
In the Gospel, we learn that some of Jesus’ first disciples argued about which of them was the greatest or the most important.
Sometimes people are concerned about being popular among their peers. Sometimes we compare ourselves to other people or make judgments about others. Jesus doesn’t want people to compare themselves to one another. Instead, he says that we should be focused on one thing one that it is:
Have we served others generously with love?
The Spirit of Jesus at St Joseph's
We thank God for the gift of our staff and families who during these COVID times have given their all. We pray that the Spirit of Jesus will continue to flow throughout our school community
Jesus said: “I am with you always” - Matthew 28:20
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things, there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23
God of Love, we thank you for every member of our school community who shows the face of Jesus each and every day.
We have seen that the Spirit of Jesus truly is present in our school community:
- when we saw an amazing effort our colleagues selflessly gave, as they prepared and assembled engaging and creative learning packs for our students
- when we heard the laughter and unity of our students at school learning and playing happily with each other
- when we observed the generosity and kindness of staff sharing their resources and expertise with others
- when we saw the happy smiles of students and teachers on Zooms
- when staff received with gratitude a special thank you from Sally Towns our Catholic Schools Office Director
- when we listened to each other with empathy during our zooms
- when staff enjoyed the delicious cake Lorna Stormon baked for staff to share
- when we recognised the needs of others and responded with empathy
- when the B Team read the message from the A-Team on Thursday morning
- when we saw on Zoom our parents supporting their children, and sharing their fears and challenges
- when staff responded with care, patience, compassion and wisdom as issues arose
Reflection - Where have you seen the Spirit of Jesus?Just a reminder that our Diocese's Bishop Greg offers an online Spiritual Mass each weekend. His words of wisdom as he reflects upon the Scriptures and his Homilies are inspirational.
SACRAMENT OF CONFIRMATION (Year 3 students) - All Saints Church Woodburn WEDNESDAY 20th October 2021 at 6 pm.
Parish Sacramental Program Family Meeting preparation for students and their families will commence next term. More details will be shared soon.
|Monday, 11th October||HELP NEEDED!|
|Wednesday, 13th October||HELP NEEDED!|
|Monday, 18th October||HELP NEEDED!|
|Wednesday, 20th October||HELP NEEDED!|
If anybody is able to help out in Canteen in Term 4 could you please call Gayl on 66822468.
THANK YOU LADIES!